Global warming - vielä kerran

Viikonpäiväketjut, turhat provot, puzznuzzailu ja "tärkeät" gallupit
Crowbar
Kitinän uhri

Global warming - vielä kerran

Viesti Kirjoittaja Crowbar »

Aloitetaas tämä nyt kunnolla ja alustetaan Super Freakonomicsilla.
The headlines have been harrowing, to say the least.
‘Some experts believe that mankind is on the threshold of a new pattern of adverse global climate for which it is ill-­prepared,’ one New York Times article declared.
It quoted climate researchers who argued that ‘this climatic change poses a threat to the people of the world.’ A Newsweek article, citing a National Academy of Sciences report, warned that climate change ‘would force economic and social adjustments on a worldwide scale.’
Worse yet, ‘climatologists are pessimistic that political leaders will take any positive action to compensate for the climatic change or even to allay its effects.’
Who in his or her right mind wouldn’t be scared of global warming?
But that’s not what these scientists were talking about. These articles, published in the mid-­1970s,
were predicting the effects of global cooling. Alarm bells had rung because the average ground temperature in the Northern Hemisphere had fallen by .5 degrees Fahrenheit (.28 degrees Celsius)
from 1945 to 1968. Furthermore, there had been a large increase in snow cover and, between 1964 and 1972, a decrease of 1.3 percent in the amount of sunshine hitting the United States. Newsweek reported that the temperature decline, while relatively small in absolute terms, ‘has taken the planet about a sixth of the way toward the Ice Age average.’
The big fear was a collapse of the agricultural system. In Britain, cooling had already shortened the growing season by two weeks. 'The resulting famines could be catastrophic,’ warned the Newsweek article. Some scientists proposed radical warming solutions such as ‘melting the arctic ice cap by covering it with black soot.’
These days, of course, the threat is the opposite.The earth is no longer thought to be too cool but rather too warm. And black soot, rather than saving us, is seen as a chief villain.
We have cast endless streams of carbon emissions skyward, the residue of all the fossil fuels we burn to heat and cool and feed and transport and entertain ourselves.
By so doing, we have apparently turned our tender planet into a greenhouse, fashioning in the sky a
chemical scrim that traps too much of the sun’s warmth and prevents it from escaping back into space.
The ‘global cooling’ phase notwithstanding, the average global ground temperature over the past
hundred years has risen 1.3 degrees Fahrenheit (.7 degrees Celsius), and this warming has accelerated of late. 'We are now so abusing the Earth,’ writes James Lovelock, the renowned environmental scientist, ‘that it may rise and move back to the hot state it was in fifty-­‐five million years ago, and if it does most of us, and our descendants, will die.’
There is essentially a consensus among climate scientists that the earth’s temperature has been rising and, increasingly, agreement that human activity has played an important role.
But the ways humans affect the climate aren’t always as obvious as they seem.
Sitten kerrotaan, että lehmät ja lampaat ja kumppanit tuottavat 50% enemmän kasvihuonekaasuja kuin koko liikenne yhteensä. Ja että tästä syystä esim. paikallisesti tuotettu ruoka on huomattavasti haitallisempaa kuin megafarmeissa tuotettu.

(Dave saa osallistua tähän ketjuun vain jos kertoo minulle osoitteensa tai laittaa kitinä-albumiin kuvia kuristetuista lapsistaan)
I was at the hospital laughing at cripples
Then I heard your kid just died
Suddenly, that was funnier than the cripples
So I tracked you down and made fun of you
It was an open casket wake
I spilled my beer in your kid’s coffin
NuoriD

Re: Global warming - vielä kerran

Viesti Kirjoittaja NuoriD »

Jos sä haluat, että mä jatkan keskustelua sun kanssas, niin sä saat ensin pyytää anteeksi käytöstäsi.
Crowbar
Kitinän uhri

NuoriD kirjoitti:Jos sä haluat, että mä jatkan keskustelua sun kanssas, niin sä saat ensin pyytää anteeksi käytöstäsi.
Edelleen en ollut kiduttamassa perhettäsi. Tämänkin olen jo sanonut, mutta olet vain niin vitun pässi ettei mikään mene jakeluun. Funny Gamesissa kidutetaan vain isää. Muut pääsee suht helpolla.
Edelleen väitän ettei sinulla ole perhettä etkä ole lääkäri. Yksinkertaisesti olet maan tyhmin ammatinharjoittaja jos näin on. Olet lääkäri ja 13v tietää enemmän esim. masennuksesta kuin sinä.

Mutta jos todella on totta, että sinä olet lekuri, varallisuustasosi on sen mitä sanot ja että sinulla on perhe, niin totta vitussa haluan tehdä homeinvasionin ja nussia kahtia sun paskamuksus, viiltää vaimollesi hymy ja sen jälkeen pelata kolme tuntia xboxia sun silmien edessä.

Tyyppi on yhtä hyödyllinen kuin nippu löysiä kyrpiä.

Mitä olet muuten mieltä tuosta maapallon viilenemisestä 70-luvulla?
Crowbar
Kitinän uhri

Miksi tämä on paskanjauhannassa? Aloitus on kuitenkin Asiallisinta Asiaa, mitä tänne on pitkään aikaan ängetty. Toi hermafrodiitti vaan jostain syystä luuli, että se oli sille osoitettu soidinkutsu.
NuoriD

Viesti Kirjoittaja NuoriD »

Crowbar kirjoitti:Mitä olet muuten mieltä tuosta maapallon viilenemisestä 70-luvulla?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_dimming

ja

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling

Eli ilman hiukkaspitoisuuden kasvun syytä. Kun hiukkaspitoisuus sitten alkoi laskea, niin lämpeneminen pääsi taas vauhtiin.

Katso esim:
Kuva
Vastaa Viestiin